Friday, April 13, 2007

Happy Easter

We love Easter in our household! We love getting all dressed up in special dresses and going to church. It is the highlight of our day. Pastor's message was awesome! The music was great! What made it even more awesome is that the night before I was sitting down flipping through the channels on the TV and saw that "The Passion" was on. Neither Marc nor I have ever seen the movie, so I settled in to see what it was all about. It was down to the last half hour and I could barely watch it. Not because it was scary, but it was down to the crucifixion. Now I know it was all Hollywood drama and makeup, but it was so real. Like one of my friends put it..."You only ever hear the Sunday School version of it.". After watching what I could, I couldn't believe that people could ever treat another human being like that. O.K., I know that they had beaten Him and nailed His hands and feet to the cross. But for some reason, my mind didn't comprehend how horrific it really was. They weren't gentle about it at all. They did whatever they could to afflict more pain. After the movie was over I couldn't help but think how we treat Christ so casually. We don't remember all He did for us. We don't consult Him about little things, let alone the big things. We don't spend our days with our minds continually on Him. Our quiet time alone with Him is short and is usually fit into our schedules. And if we don't get to it that day, well, we'll try again tomorrow. The pain and the suffering was necessary for us to spend eternity with Him. The very least we could do is give Him our time and attention. Thank you, Father, for sending your son to die for me.

No comments: