Saturday, July 19, 2008

New York Vacation

This week we went to visit my parents in northern New York. We haven't been here in two years, so it was great to come "home" and stay for a little over a week. Marc and I both needed the vacation and the girls needed to spend some time with Mimi and Papa. Mom and dad have a great home right on the Racquette River. We love it here. It's so peaceful and quiet, and when you sleep at night with the windows open, you can hear the river rushing by. I recently read on my sister-in-law's blog about her loving to see her children loving the same things she did when she was a child. And I thought that was so great. But it's even more awesome to experience it. My girls love the river. We've been in it almost every day. They loved throwing rocks, going for rides in the kayak, and just learning basic "river rules". I loved seeing my girls love the river as much as I do. We're looking forward to the next vacation we have here. We'll spend more time in the river and teach the girls new things. I hope you enjoy the next few pictures.

This is the view from my parents back deck.







Mom and dad bought a kayak while we were here. We had so much fun in it. If Marc and I lived closer to a river or lake, we would really consider buying one! I told my mom to look like she was having a good time. Check out that huge grin!!!











A while ago, Marc and I purchased a Wii. We brought it home for mom and dad to play, too. We had a really good time. My cousin, Andrew, came over one evening and played with Marc for quite a while. They really enjoyed it. Here are a few of the pictures from that.







Even the dogs loved the river. The red mini-dachshund is my parents dog, Dixie. She is so cute and very sweet. We also brought our dog, Gracie, home with us. We did have to take Gracie to the vet this week. She ended up getting a huge sore on her back. We don't know exactly what caused it, but she's on some antibiotics and also a topical cream. They both have really seemed to help.





Just to end this post, here are pictures of Emma and Lily. Check out those smiles!!! We will miss Mimi and Papa, but we're already looking forward to our next vacation here.



1 comment:

Julie said...

It is always great to visit "home." It appears you and your family had a wonderful vacation!