Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Change

Our lives are about to drastically change.  I had a doctor's appointment this morning prefaced with an ultrasound.  It was just a standard check-up, but I told the ultrasound tech that if she knew the sex of the baby, to just let us know.  The ultrasound took about 30 minutes.  She was getting measurements of everything.  I was very anxious as I was so ready to know what this baby was.  After waiting what seemed to be forever, I asked the tech again if she knew what the sex was.  She smiled and nodded and then zoomed into an area of the baby.  I didn't even need to ask.  I could totally see for myself.  I still can't believe I'm saying this, but we're going to be welcoming a boy into our family of girls!  Both Marc and I are in shock.  Lily has really no opinion on this.  Maggie is excited about a baby brother.  Even though she keeps asking if he's going to wear her clothes.  And Emma is a little disappointed.  She really wanted another baby sister.  But I told her that little brothers could be so much fun and she would love him so much.  I've been going around the house most of the afternoon saying, "I'm going to have a son".  That feels so weird for me to say.  So, now, I'm going to have to start looking for boy things.  This is a whole new adventure for us.  And one that I'm a little nervous about but very excited about.

My son! 

3 comments:

Felipe and Chantelle said...

Your ~SON~ looks absolutely perfect!!! Can't wait to meet the little guy! ;)

Jen said...

He's beautiful!!!!

Julie said...

How exciting!!! :) Reading your announcement brings a smile to my face; that is just so cool! Congratulations! Boys are great fun, as are girls!