Friday, April 10, 2009

Nesting Still

Well, the nesting continues.  My poor husband.  His "honey, please do" list (I'm trying to be polite about it) seems to be getting longer and longer.  But we've crossed two things off the list.  The first thing to get done was the girls bathroom.  If you've ever been in our house, the girls bathroom was still the same white that it was when the house was built.  I had painted so much during our first year living here, that I had had enough.  We were going to do their bathroom in pink polka-dots, but when we found out that we were having a boy, we knew that that wasn't an option anymore.  So, we decided on this.  I thought it was fun and very gender friendly.  Especially since my girls like all the different colors in it.  

They each picked out their own towels.  They matched great with everything.  And, I had to throw in some orange - my favorite color.  Their bathroom is really bright now.  We love it!



The second project to be crossed off the list was Emma and Lily's bedroom.  I started their room last year - even though I've had the paint for their room since 2006.  I painted three of the walls a light purple - the easiest of the phases.  Then, I kind of lost interest and stopped working on their room.  Well, again, the nesting kicked into high gear and I talked Marc into helping me finish the rest.  I taped and painted and he drew on all the lines.  The squares couldn't get anymore perfect.  He did a great job!  But this took longer than I expected.  I thought that it was something that I could do in about 2 days.  Nope.  It took about 5 1/2 days to get this part done.  But once it was finished, I loved it.  The hard work paid off.  The girls love it, too.  But, I've decided...this room is going to stay this way for forever (I'm not painting it again!  =)).  Or, if they want something different when they're older, they can paint it themselves.  We put their beds back into bunkbeds to have some extra room.  They love that part.  Especially the climbing up and jumping off.  Hopefully we won't have any broken arms or legs from that.  




I only have two more projects on my "Honey, please do" list.  We would like to have two bedrooms built in the basement before the little guy arrives.  This way Emma would have her own room, Maggie could share a room with Lily, and the baby could have his own room.  And then, when we have friends and family visit, Emma's room or the other room could be used as a guest room as well.  And I would also like to have a deck built off the back of the house.  I know, I know....that project doesn't NEED to be done before the baby arrives, but it would be so nice to sit outside and grill on the deck when the weather starts turning nice.  Hopefully that will happen before he arrives!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh fun! I cant believe you guys and all your taping painting projects...you are much more patient than us:) Too bad daddy's dont nest like mommies. Then there would be twice as much work going on!