Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday, my sweet boy!

On June 16th, my son celebrated his 2nd birthday. When we found out that I was pregnant with a boy, we were very unsure about our feelings about that. We were so used to having girls. We knew girls. And we so loved them. So to throw a boy in the middle of all that was uncharted territory for us. I have to tell you...everyone was completely right. Having a boy is so much different than having a girl. He has so much energy. Everything is revolved around balls and trucks. He LOVES to wrestle and will throw himself on you if you're on the floor. He NEVER walks - it's always a dead run! And playing in the potty is one of his favorite things to do! Dirt is his best friend and he will do things that totally gross me out! But...he's my son! My snuggle-bug, loving, falls asleep on mama boy! And I love him for everything his is now and for everything he will be. God knew that we needed a boy among all the girls. And I'm so thankful for him!

Cole the day after he was born!

Happy Birthday, Cole! We never buy donuts, however, the girls were gone to VBS at their grandma's church on Cole's birthday. So, we needed a little something to celebrate. This was supposed to look like a catepillar, however, the frosting melted, shifted and looked like this by the time he sat to eat it. Oh well...he didn't mind!


Oh yum!


We celebrated his birthday with cake and ice cream two days later. We went out together to pick out his cake and this is what he chose - a hot wheels cake. Hmmmm...go figure!



You can't go through a birthday without presents. He was spoiled this year. He received a Chuck dump truck and bath toys from Papa and Mimi.



Some tractors and books from grandpa and grandma.

And a Mater (Cars tow truck) lawn mower that blows bubbles from dad and mom.



This kid is a GREAT kid! I couldn't imagine life without all the chaos and love that he adds to our family! I love you, Cole! Happy Birthday!!!

No comments: