Wednesday, August 13, 2008

8 Years and Counting

Yesterday Marc and I celebrated our 8th anniversary! It seems like just yesterday I was walking down the aisle and we were getting ready to say our "I do's". These years have gone by so fast. So much has happened...moving into our first home; buying our first dog (who, by the way, is still around); celebrating our first anniversary at the state fair (I had never been to a state fair before -- it was quite fun); finding out I was pregnant with our first daughter on Christmas Day -- 4 months after our 1st anniv.; the birth of Emma; finding out I was pregnant with Lily when Emma was only 9 months old (I remember crying when I saw the positive on the pregnancy test -- I didn't think I was quite ready yet); Emma's hand surgery; the birth of Lily; two surgeries for me two months after Lily was born; finding out I was pregnant with Maggie when Lily was 6 months old; the birth of Maggie; and then moving into our new home. And this was all done within the first 5 years of our marriage. Things have since slowed down. We haven't had any more children, but have added to our pets. We now have 3 dogs - Herby, Daisy and Gracie and also have 3 cats - Smokey, Flower and Winston. We have a full house and Marc and I are still very much in love. Marc is such a good man - a wonderful husband (who is smokin' hot, by-the-way), a great dad and a great provider. I couldn't imagine my life without him. He completes me and we mesh together well. He puts up with my anxieties and stress and helps me when I need it. And when I just need him, he's there for me. The girls adore him and he loves them so much! They love to see their daddy. He plays with them and cares for them, teaches them and corrects them. As I stated before, he's a good man. I love you, Marc. And I'm looking forward to spending the next 50 years with you.

1 comment:

Daisy Path said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! you have NOT been in your new house 3 years! it can't be. it can't. ha! where does the time go? congratulations!
just so you know, i got tagged so i tagged you. heehee.