Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Another Soul

Today there was another soul added to the Book of Life. My dear daughter, Emma, asked Jesus into her heart this afternoon. We have chatted off and on for the last 2 years regarding salvation, but she was too afraid to make the decision. Marc and I never pushed her and never wanted to scare her into that decision. We wanted her to make her choice out of faith, not fear. We had talked about Jesus coming into her heart, but she took that phrase very literally. She thought someone was going to come through her chest into her heart. In short, she was afraid of the pain. But today, while we were chatting, I worded things a little differently (with the help of my mom), and she said, "I think I could do that.". And she did! I was so excited for her! She has such an adventure in front of her. The phrase, "What if they don't accept Christ", was my concern before. And I thought, "If they just did it, then that would be it". But as I was watching and listening to her piano lesson this afternoon (yes, I hire that out), I knew my job now was much larger. Now it's time to mold and encourage her to find the treasure. To search for the nuggets of truth. To make Jesus her very best friend. I have prayed since the day she was born that she would trust in Him. Now that has happened. Am I a happy mom? I wish you could see the huge grin on my face and the little tears of joy!

3 comments:

Felipe and Chantelle said...

We are praising God with you!
Welcome to the family, Emma!

the back door said...

that is awesome allison!! praise God! do you think she'd share about it on Sunday?

Kevin Flick said...

that is awesome!!!!! i'm so excited for her and for you and for your whole family! :)