Monday, August 23, 2010

8 years ago today....

...we were blessed with this -- our first daughter. She made us parents for the very first time! And we were in love!
Emma Mae was born on August 23, 2002 at 8:58 AM. Her total labor lasted 7 hours from start to finish (though I remember pushing for 2 1/2 hours with her)! She was such an easy baby. She only really cried when she was hungry, tired or needed a diaper change. The smallest insignificant thing created hours of enjoyment for her. I remember one day not hearing her for awhile and going to check on her only to find that she was playing with a string that she found on the floor. That string entertained her for so long. Emma is my perfectionist. She HATES it when things don't go the way she wants them to. She is quiet, a little more outgoing (though she used to be painfully shy), smart, an avid reader, a lover of math, loving and sweet. She loves being a big sister and takes care of her siblings when I can't. She has a best friend who lives across the street from us but also counts her sisters in that best friend category. She adores her little brother who adores her right back. She's amazed by simple things and always asks 101 questions about everything. I miss her being so little - so dependent. But I am loving that she's becoming an independent young girl who takes pride in her work.

I found some pictures that I had forgotten that we had. So, here she is...Emma Mae Rader...from the beginning to the present!















Happy Birthday, Em! We love you!

1 comment:

Jen said...

And I remember AJ and I were at Dave and Becky's cottage when you called to tell us you were in labor! Seems like yesterday!! We love you sweet girl. And from one perfectionist to another...just learn to breathe. Life isn't always as perfect as we want it to be, but in Christ, all our needs are met.